September 8-10 in Fredericksburg TX
Registration for Boxstoberfest 2023 opens July 5 at 12:00 pm and you can register throughClubRegistration.net https://clubregistration.net/events/signUp.cfm/event/13592 Attendance is limited to 140 people in the MAIN DRIVE but we have plenty capacity in the scenic and rally groups Just a note....The main drive group sells out fast
Your safety and enjoyment of the event are of prime importance to the organizers. Speaking of safety, the following needs to be completely understood by all participants - Boxstoberfest is not a race, nor a venue to drive as fast as you want and endanger other participants, your passengers, nor the public. We enjoy a spirited drive on public roads, and have a very good time doing so. If your intent is for an all-out ride pressing the envelope of your vehicle, this is not the place. There are multiple events within all the regions to do this in a safe and controller manner. Rule 1 is NO PASSING. Break this rule, and you will be banned. Regardless, all who have attended in the past can attest that the twisties can still be challenging and VERY exciting.
As a summary, here are some of the details of the event.
1. We will have 4 events for Friday attendees - (1) A chance to run the regular driving route early. Arrive at the Hangar Hotel prior to 1:00 pm Friday Sept 10, check in and sign the waivers, and pick up the official drive map. Then, you are free to drive the entire course - which opens up your Saturday to run it again, or participate in one of the other drives. (2) We have the Gimmick Rally early run, which then allows you to run the scenic or main course on Saturday. The rally start time will be any time after 10:00 am, up till 12:00. You can start as soon as you show up and pick up the instructions. Obviously, you will need to be in Fredericksburg early Friday morning for these 2 events just find a registrar at the Hotel. (3) A guided Hill Country Tour with a lunch stop. Will depart at 11 AM and return around 3 PM.
(4) the wine tour, being such a hit last year, is on the schedule again. The tour bus(s) leave the Hangar Hotel at 1:00, and will return around 6:00. We are looking at three all Texas grape wineries for this year. Another great option is to come early with some friends, or grab some other folks Friday morning and just go drive. We can provide route guidance and lunch options out in the Hill Country. Similar to what we are doing in option 3, but at your own pace.
2. There were 3 distinct driving events offered on Saturday. (1) the main drive which is a follow the leader type event with lunch included at midpoint.(limited to 140 people so register early) (2) The scenic drive which is a mapped event driven at your own pace. (3) A fun gimmick rally/ scenic tour where you explore Gillespie County, TX. Our Saturday evening event will be at the Pacific Showroom, on the Hangar Hotel property and we have a great dinner planned in this wonderful facility. The doors open at 7:00 for cocktails, and the serving line opens at 7:30. We will not be having a band this year to make it easier to just socialize. We working to get a lot of door prizes. If you would like to donate door prizes or help sponsor the dinner, please contact: email@example.com.
3. Lodging. Prior participants usually book rooms a year out so rooms at the Hanger Hotel are likely already booked. There are plenty of rooms in Fredericksburg and we have several hotels with a group rate under BOXSTOBERFEST. You can call them for reservations: La Quinta by Wyndam 1465 East Main St (830)990-2899 Room rate of $159 per night. Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites 500 S Washington Street Fredericksburg TX. (830) 977-3377 Room rate of $289 per night Hampton Inn 15 East Main Street Fredericksburg TX (830) 997-9696 Room rate $289 per night. Other popular options are the Inn at Barons Creek, the Fredericksburg Inn, and lots of houses for rent that you can find through Gastehaus Schmidt reservations at 866-427- 8374, or www.fbglodging.com
4. All registration and check-in will be done at the Hangar Hotel, as was done last year. You must register for the event to attend (you can’t just show up), and pay the registration fee and event options fees (dinner, lunch, additional shirts). Hotel registrations are done by booking directly with the hotels - the event registration site does not book your hotel room.
5. There is a $40 per person registration fee in which each registrant will automatically receive a Boxstoberfest T-Shirt and a goodie bag. (so long as you register before the shirt cutoff date of August 18) . We will have a limited quantity of additional T shirts for purchase at the event.
6. When signing up for ClubRegistration you had the option to "Opt In" to receive text messages. If you turn this option on, you will receive periodic messages prior to the event. During the event, your drive leaders and organizers have the ability to send up to date information immediately (but please let your co-drive read/reply to these - remember, Safety First).
7. If you have any questions, have door prizes or swag to offer, or want to volunteer for anything - we need drive leaders, parking coordinators, and drive launch helpers, please feel free to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Here is the basic schedule:
Friday, Sept 8, 2023
10:00 am Guided Hill Country Tour with lunch venue TBD
10:00 am On your own or grab another participant and go drive the main route, Scenic Route, do the Gimmick Rally, or just bomb around Twisted Sisters. Route and dining info will be available.
1:00 pm (sharp). Wine Tour. Meet in the parking lot of the hotel. Buses will depart from there.
6:00 pm. Registration opens in the Officers Club.
Saturday, Sept 9, 2023
8:00 am. Line Up on the Tarmac behind the Hangar Hotel. Parking helpers will assist you in parking.
9:45 am. MANDATORY drivers meeting
10:00 am. Drives leave the Hangar Hotel
4:00 pm. Officers Club bar opens. Note: you do not have to rush back to be at the O club at 4:00 (remember, safety first). Our group typically hangs around long enough to have ample adult beverages and tell lies about the days adventures.
7:00 pm. Doors to the Pacific Ballroom open, for those attending dinner
7:30 pm. Dinner lines open
7:00 pm - 11:00 pm Awards presented, door prizes and ample more adult beverages in the ballroom.
Our Website is: www.boxstoberfest.net